A Learning Specialist is an educator who is skilled and experienced in providing learning strategies to students who struggle with learning differences. These educators work one-on-one or in small groups to give students intensive support that meets their individual needs.
A Learning Specialist may assist a family in any of the following ways:
* conduct observations of the student in his/her work environment to identify problem areas
* review previous assessments of a student to formulate a learning plan
* identify reasearch-based therapies that will benefit the student’s unique learning differences
* use the above therapies to provide remediation to close any gaps that a student may have in his or her reading, writing or math skills
* work cooperatively with teachers to help them understand how students learn
* guide parents and teachers to resources which may benefit the student