Dr. Nirmeen, PSY. D
- DISCIPLINES AND CREDENTIALSLicensed Clinical Psychologist, Psy.D
- AREAS OF SPECIALTYAssessments: Psychological/Neuropsychological assessments
ADHD Management, Academic Stressors, & IEP guidance
Depression & Emotional Regulation Concerns
Bullying (in person and online)
Parental Divorce/Adjustment & Transition
Toilet & Sleep Training
Lesbian, Gay & Bisexual Identity Support
Transgender Identity Support
Ages 6 months and up
- EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, SPECIAL MENTIONS, MEDIA AND TRAININGDr. Nirmeen is a Pediatric Clinical Psychologist. She received her masters and doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. Dr. Nirmeen has experience in private practice and has also been affiliated with Northwestern Medicine and Kids First Pediatric Partners.
- BIOGRAPHYDr. Nirmeen's experience and her treatment model emphasizes collaborative techniques to provide comprehensive care. Her techniques include evidence-informed, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Parent-Child Therapy. She specializes in working with children and adolescents (6 months onwards) in the areas of sleep training, toilet training, anxiety, depression, ADHD management, issues related to bullying and social media over use, drug and alcohol abuse, various behavioral concerns, academic concerns, and issues with parent-child interaction. Dr. Nirmeen strives to promote positive change using strengths based and person-centered approaches, which include trauma, social justice, multicultural, and systemic lenses. Dr. Nirmeen conducts individual, group and family therapy. She is also fluent in Hindi, Urdu, and Gujarati.
- CATEGORY Child Psychologists/Behavior