Patricia B. – D. – IBCLC, Nursing/Lactation
- DISCIPLINES AND CREDENTIALSInternational Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- AREAS OF SPECIALTYSupporting families in reaching their breastfeeding goals
Focus is to help families have current research based information with which to make breastfeeding and parenting decisions
- EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, SPECIAL MENTIONS, MEDIA AND TRAININGInternational Board Certification-Lactation Consultant, 1990. Certification in lactation from Breastfeeding Support Consultants in 1991. Re-certification is required by continuing education credits every 5 years and by exam every 10 year.
- BIOGRAPHYPatricia boasts 30 years of practice since 1990. Her experience includes 5 years of working in a family practice residency program teaching residents while working with all of the breastfeeding families in the practice. Articles and Publications: A respected reviewer for the Journal of Human Lactation since the 1990’s. Written and published articles regarding Nipple Shields and Staph infections of the breast. Co-authored an article on Galactosemia and Breastfeeding. Co-wrote a section in a text book on breastfeeding in the LGBT community. Board member and administrator for Breastfeed Chicago.
- CATEGORY Lactation Consultants